Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

the8thark wrote:

After a long decision process I have decided to go and purchase a NEX 5R or 6. I decided I didn't need what the 5T had to offer over the 5R. But . . .
After reading about the supposed death of the NEX line and the introduction of the A7/A7r would this make purchasing the NEX camera a bad idea?

"NEX" was merely a name, that had people assume that it was different from Sony Alpha line. Sony has simply decided to bring all Sony Alpha bodies under A-series. So, your NEX-5T may see a replacement model as A5 and NEX-6 may be A6. You get replacement of the cameras, under a new naming convention.

Would the availability of lenses till be there in the future? I just don't want to buy it if the lens market for it just dies.

Regardless of the name, E-mount will use these lenses, and additionally, another 15 lenses are being added (most should be full frame). In other words, by 2015, Sony is promising a 30-lens lineup for E-mount.

So what is your all opinion on this? Is a NEX camera still a good purchase today after all the information we have had recently delivered to us from Sony and others?

Why not?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow