Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kings1 Regular Member • Posts: 176
Re: Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

the8thark wrote:

After a long decision process I have decided to go and purchase a NEX 5R or 6. I decided I didn't need what the 5T had to offer over the 5R. But . . .
After reading about the supposed death of the NEX line and the introduction of the A7/A7r would this make purchasing the NEX camera a bad idea?

Not everyone can afford FF and the lenses too. I don't think the smaller sensor NEXs will be disappearing anytime soon as they are still selling fairly well.

Would the availability of lenses till be there in the future? I just don't want to buy it if the lens market for it just dies.

E mounts will be around for a long time, now as for the A mount I still don't know.

So what is your all opinion on this? Is a NEX camera still a good purchase today after all the information we have had recently delivered to us from Sony and others?

I  still waiting to see what Sony will o with the A mount, but in my opinion they made it clear they intend to proceed with the E mount camera line. By the way the US Sony site says the current E mount glass 16mm, 18-55 and the 55-210mm that I own is compatible with the new FF camera. Now as to the crop factor on current lenses with the newer  A7 body I'm not sure about this fact.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow