"New" Z990

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cooljb Regular Member • Posts: 345
"New" Z990

Man I love ebay! I have been so lucky with ebay and Kodak cameras in the past - and my luck continues today. I just received a Z990 that I bought on ebay for US $134 w/free shipping. Physically it's in mint condition.  Upon powering it up I found that it still had the original firmware - 1.01. I Updated the firmware to 1.12.  Went into the hidden menu and found the usage stats and was amazed and thrilled to see the following:

PC - 35 (Power Cycles)

TC - 25 (Taken Count) Number of pictures

SC - 9 (Flash Count)

For all intents and purposes this is a brand new camera.  Only 25 pictures taken since 2011 when it was made.  I had been keeping an eye out for the Z990 based on other KTF member's recommendations, and my own desire to get Kodak's last "great" camera for posterity.  So far I'm very impressed with it. It's really solidly built - which kind of surprised me as I also have the Z1015, which feels really really cheap and plasticky.  But this thing is built like a tank compared to the Z1015.  I can't wait to try it out now.  I'll have to make an excuse to go take some pictures.  I will post some pics if I get anything that's post-worthy.

Thanks to everyone that recommended the Z990 to me.  I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and grabbed one.

Cheers

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow