Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
120 to 35 Senior Member • Posts: 1,273
Re: Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

the8thark wrote:

My previous comment was started before all the other comments were posted here. Thanks for all the advice.
A little dilemma arises thanks to all the posts here. Not a bad thing just something to consider.
1. Buy a NEX body now as they are pretty much EOL now.
2. Hold off on buying a NEX camera and see how the lens situation ships up.
As a one off (no other lenses purchases) I'd buy it now before all the good deals disappear. But say I or someone else does this and then goes "hmmmm I like this camera what about some more lenses to expand my photo taking horizons?" I am thinking of getting a couple of lenses already but getting them down the track.
I understand that tech will always be superseded eventually. I don't need the latest and greatest, it's just a little different entering the market for the first time. I'm sure you can understand this.
Thanks for all the advice though.

Camera kit is for photography -- it's not an investment in itself. Get a 5R with kit lens at a good price and start using it.

There is no "lens situation". There are already more than enough lens models to cover the basics and you can alway use a FF lens in the distant future. In the short term you  can go the cheap legacy lens route.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow