Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Elite83 Senior Member • Posts: 1,007
Re: Purchasing a NEX 5R/T or 6 a bad idea now?

Don't see why they would just "drop" the rangefinder style bodies, they're what sets Sony apart from everyone else. And from what I've gathered over my years in the NEX forum, it's their highest praised "feature" that keeps everyone coming back.

I mean, who wants another boring DSLR styled camera body? Leave Canon and Nikon to take care of that nonsense. The big selling point of cell phones every year at release is how much thinner and lighter the device is, so (let's pretend for a minute Sony decided to stop making Rangefinder styled bodies in favor of models like the A3000 or some other hybrid)--why is the camera industry going backwards, for bigger, bulkier and heavier while cell phone are going for smaller and lighter?

If you consider this fact, I think that the rangefinder bodies aren't going anywhere. Currently, they're the only choice as far as optimum body size:sensor size, ratio on the market.

-Matt

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow