Who is buying a Sony A7/r to use with Pentax FA Limited lenses?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Polls thread
viking79
OP viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,148
Re: Who is buying a Sony A7/r to use with Pentax FA Limited lenses?

KL Matt wrote:

samhain wrote:

Ugh...

Now this is the FF camera Pentax should've brought out. With Pentax, it would've had a big bright OVF, ibis and K-mount.

God that would be amazing.

Oh well, maybe next year...

And then it would not have been anywhere near as thin and compact, I.e. a totally different camera. But I get what you're saying, and I think if they could have put a full frame sensor in the k-01 it would have been a huge success.

There is a design trade off with mirrorless, they allow smaller lenses due to shorter flange distance, but this also means light hits the sensor at more of an angle which doesn't work well for full frame.

Sony has shown they are making larger lenses to get better image quality for full frame mirrorless. Once you stick the Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 on the camera you lose any advantage in terms of overall back to end of lens thickness.

http://camerasize.com/compact/#485.82,487.395,ha,t (comparison of 43mm f/1.9 and 55mm f/1.8)

http://camerasize.com/compact/#485.75,487.395,ha,t (with 55 on both, pentax lens looks like image might be slightly large)

So my point is I think all Pentax really needs is a K-3 like camera with full frame and it wouldn't be much larger than the A7. Sell it for about $2000 and it wouldn't be too bad.  My point is it wouldn't be a bad idea to let slip, as by this survey 30% of those who voted are going to buy an A7/r.

The K-3 is a great camera too, but they need more.  Could sell the K-3 along with a K-1 at the same time.  The K-3 already looks like the mythical D400 from Nikon (with not quite as many focus points, etc).  Very solidly built, nice refined machine.  I never quite liked my D7000 next to the D300, or even next to the K-7.  It always felt a little cheaper built.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow