Who is buying a Sony A7/r to use with Pentax FA Limited lenses?

Started Oct 16, 2013 | Polls thread
KL Matt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,885
Re: Who is buying a Sony A7/r to use with Pentax FA Limited lenses?

Hi Eric,

Exactly, if Pentax/Ricoh is smart and are actually working on a FF camera, this is the time to let "slip" the specifications for the camera.

Eric

Well, unless of course the full frame is another year off and they'd rather see existing users buy a k3 now instead of hold off until next year for thePentax ff, which would be the traditional way for a marketing department to think. I really don't think they're concerned with losing users to full frame systems at the moment. Most who were truly tempted and crucially had the cash have already switched or added a ff system to their Pentax kit. Ff cameras, even the most affordable ones, still cost considerably more than even the new Pentax flagship ...I'm pretty certain the k1 will have to be a ff to garner a higher price than the k3. There is simply no more room above the k3 for a more advanced aps-c camera I don't think. So the k1 is going to cost more, maybe a good deal more, than the k3, meaning current Pentax users aren't even really in the target demographic per se. If you ask me, there is going to be crickets again until just before the launch. They won't risk canabalizing k3 sales.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow