Spec comparison: Fuji X 55-200 vs. EOS-M 55-250

Started Oct 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,179
Re: Spec comparison: Fuji X 55-200 vs. EOS-M 55-250

WT21 wrote:

I've been thinking about a Fuji system for a while. Was planning on getting a used XM1 until the whole XM1/XA1 controversy kicked up.

Now I'm thinking maybe I'll just still with my little EOS-M a while.

I compared the Fuji 55-200 vs. the Canon 55-250 STM. I liked the comparison so much, I went ahead and ordered the STM.

Since you already have a EOS-M, buying a 55-250 STM makes a lot of sense if you are trying to avoid committing a lot of money into a system.

I am in a similar situation:  $500 for an EOS-M bundle w/ EF adapter is a lot cheaper than buying a XM-1 and two to three lens.

My EOS-M bundle should arrive on Wednesday and I am renting a 55-250 STM the day after.  It'll be interesting to see how well the 55-250 stacks up optically against my old 70-200/2.8L IS II on the APS-C sensor.

I plan on renting a Fuji-X body and a couple of lens later on to see how they stack optically with the Canon offerings.  Ultimately need to decide when to invest heavily into a mirrorless system and I am curious to see how well the Fuji lens are.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +48 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow