+++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: Wot? Fast moving sport with an m43? Shh! Don’t tell anyone! :)

RingoD560 wrote:

A couple of nice pix here, Ringo. But the last shot -- you mention that it is cropped. To be frank, I think you've cropped it too tightly.

What lens were you using? The 40-150?

Cheers, geoff

Geoff

The lens here is the 75-300.

As to cropping, you are probably right. My goal was to reduce some distractions in the shot and get it to the principal action. I may not have left enough open space aound the players, I can agree with that.

Is there a source for reading where I get some rules of thumb for cropping?

Thanks for the input.
--
Ringo

No source I know of, Ringo, except general photo instruction. Of course, there is the old rule of thirds, both horizontally and vertically, to use as the jumping off point.

In the end, it is really a matter of personal taste, I think -- and since a photo is a communication, in most cases, we are trying to communicate to others what we saw and how it made us feel, it needs to satisfy viewers too.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow