+++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Thanks, yyr. The colors are why I took the shot, of course, the haze …

… has been killing pix for the whole dry season. Let's hope for a few more haze-free days combined with me being not too slask about getting out of bed to take photos earlier in the day!

Only two or three weeks more before the wet season is seriously upon us -- except that given the funny dry season, goodness know what the wet will turn out like.

The wet -- or more correctly, the north-west monsoon, it rains more but not all the time -- is the (spectacular) surfing season in neighboring New Ireland, and the surf was coming on there several weeks early late last month.

I photographed Shane Clark of Rubio Resort out for his late afternoon surf a couple of weeks ago.

Shane has lots of great pix at his site. Search for Rubio. I'll be going over to New Ireland again in a few more weeks hoping to get some more pix, and even some "in the water" shots with the mighty Panny FT4.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow