7D noise reduction help sort

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alastair Norcross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,098
Re: 7D noise reduction help sort

cjf2 wrote:

Thanks for your replies everyone. In summary it seems yes the 7D is noisy and you have to do a lot of work to get rid of it. I'm surprised it got such uncritical reviews after the heavy criticism of the 50D. Oh well I hope it keeps me going until the 7Dmk2 we're all waiting for.

I think you need to improve your reading comprehension. That's not at all the summary. The noise of the 7D is actually very well controlled, and, if you use Lightroom, you have to do very little work to "get rid of it". If you shoot RAW, which you should to get the best out of the camera, you have to process the files. That means you have to choose settings for things like NR. Simply choose the right settings, and you'll be fine. You can even define presets for different ISO levels. It's very quick and easy. If you're not prepared to do the minimal work required to get good images out of a sophisticated piece of photographic equipment, why on earth did you buy it in the first place? All digital cameras have noise. What you are prepared to live with and what you are prepared to do about it is up to you

-- hide signature --

Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow