ex-DSLR Users Dilemma. m43 vs X. XC vs XC and other stuff

Started Oct 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
devilz666 New Member • Posts: 23
ex-DSLR Users Dilemma. m43 vs X. XC vs XC and other stuff

I have been trying to convince myself to buy Olympus PL5 instead of investing into X system but I have failed so far. Yesterday I was sure I was gonna invest in Olympus system, probably buy 45mm prime to go along. Have changed my mind now though

I am looking to replace D5100 as I often end up leaving it at home than taking it along and I wish to change that. That means I need atleast one prime lens so that when I am feeling lazy I can just slip the camera inside my coat/jacket.

M43 seems perfect system for that. I can invest $700 and have all that I want, but then there are Fuji Cameras. They remind me of my old Elctro 35 that I so much admired growing up and well, its APS-c Sensor and being a bit of geek I do confess to pixel peeping. Nothing but X System cameras come close or maybe do better than D5100 and I am afraid if I g for Olympus camera I WILL have buyers remorse.

So my question is to anyone who has replaced a DSLR with m43 or X-System camera. How has been your experience so far? Do you ever miss having a proper DSLR ( I can afford to buy a new cam unless I sell current one off).

Has anyone here used bith XC 16-50 and XF 18-55 zoom kit lenses? Given the difference I"d suppose that 18-55 does a whole lot better under low light but given how reviews of x-a1 and xm1 with XC lenses produce similar results as e-x1 I am confused if both lenses are at par.

If XF kit lens has significantly better IQ then I will consider investing in e-x1 (view finder will be an added bonus) Otherwise I am gonna go for X-A1 and invest that extra money in a prime later.

devilz666's gear list:devilz666's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow