E-P5 and "shtter Shock"

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 24,901
Re: This whole thread is making me glad I bought the EPM2.

Timbukto wrote:

herebefore wrote:

Yes, I can "force" the EPM2 to give me what looks like shutter-shock, but it is mostly accomplished by having the IS turned on when I dont need it.

Its sounding to me like there might be a "design flaw" causing the blurred images.

E-PM2 has it as well, but never so bad that it could possibly mess up a 35mm equivalent shot (i.e. the 17mm). Also you are correct once I turn off IBIS, and firmly support the bottom of the camera (and not just left hand on the lens), I can basically fire 8fps of decent shots where the throwaways are usually my fault or too slow shutter, etc.

I've only tested as far as my 45mm, my 45-150 I truly get mixed results sometimes and will need to play with it some more and see if its also a better when IBIS is off lens. Another interesting thing is I am able to specify the focal length on my IBIS...but I thought that should have been automatic for native lenses...but maybe I'm missing something.

How do you feel about anti-shock? Sometimes I feel it can give me the sharpest pictures...and sometimes I feel that shooting 8 fps with firm support is just as good...

It's this kind of shooting where the Nikon 1 shows it's superiority.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow