>>> Street Photography eXchange #65 <<<

Started Oct 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
TroiD
TroiD Contributing Member • Posts: 957
Re: Have a seat... Watch the show.

fad wrote:

TroiD wrote:

A nice idea.   Very tough to do.  The man should not be soft.  You're shutter speed is as low as you can go, and possibly too low.  You might want a smaller aperture for more DOF.  I don't know the high iso limit for your camera, but it's holding this shot back.

WA composition is just very difficult, at least for me.  Here, as so often in my shots, the two elements you want to connect are separated by an empty space  --and the man is barely in the frame.  I don't claim to know the answer here.   But you can see the problem.  The eye is drawn away into the middle and away from the subject.

I like the way the blue and red colors work here and the wonderful light of Times Square at night.

Your right Frank... this one is hard to get right. Above all yes... I agree he's too soft. I've gone back into LR to try and bring him out, as well as lowering highlights and raising dark areas in other parts of the photo. I wonder if there's a visual improvement?

David

TroiD's gear list:TroiD's gear list
Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow