>>> Street Photography eXchange #65 <<<

Started Oct 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
MallikM Regular Member • Posts: 230
Re: Interesting Washubgton DC....

xtoph wrote:

i really like the first shot, the white van and white zebra lines make the tone of the picture unusual and of course thematize the smoke, so the whole frame ends up seeing sort of smoke-filled.

the second one i find a bit confusing. before i read the caption, i was trying to figure out why i am focussed on just one of the people, and after reading it, i still don't know who the student is. i think part of the problem for me is that it is hard to see what is happening, other than probably carving something (no idea what). shifting from what they are doing to the relationship between them, as the title moves to do, doesn't help me to view the picture in this case. (i do like the look of the guy's face on the left, though the one in the hat seems like he might be the more stylish of the two...)

thanks for posting

Thanks a lot xtoph for the details feedback. Agree with you on the second, perhaps I should have included little more environment around the two men to get better story out of this. you are right in guessing the carving, the person with the hat is carving while the other person is learning the art.

Thanks again..

Mallik

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow