While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs..

Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 11,509
While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs..

While everyone ooohs and aaaahs over the leaked K3 pictures and specs.. I am waiting to see the most important thing... photos taken with the K3.   I've read every post I can find regarding this camera and it seems....

1 they've upped the megapixels.  Not always a good thing.  Wait and see.

2 they've added features for guys who shoot video.  I don't shoot video.

3 they've added another memory card slot.  Ok

4 they've moved the buttons around.  Always seem to do that, don't they?

5 they've done a bunch of other stuff.. USB 3.0, diopter change, viewfinder, etc..

I just find it entertaining to read so much speculation and hear of plans to buy this camera before we have seen image one from the camera itself.  Have I lost sight of what is really important here?  I always thought it was what the camera produced that was the most important thing.

I, like many, would have preferred the announcement of a FF camera maybe just a tad larger than the K5.. then I would think the increase in those megapixels might be a really good thing... but I would not be making plans to buy it until I saw the photos it produced and they turn out to be something special.

I'm not saying I will not buy one.. just that I have no immediate plans to do so.  I gotta see what it can do rather than buy based on photos of the camera and specs.

and one more thing... I don't care whose name is on the front or back.. I just want a camera that produces photo with great DR, IQ, High ISO/Low Noise and true color... and I really don't care where they put the buttons or if it has dual headphone jacks and plays itunes.

Jim Radcliffe
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-1
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow