I posted all my pics between 1/80th and 1/200th from the E-P5 here (29 images = big post)

Started Oct 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
dpreviewreader Regular Member • Posts: 475
Re: I posted all my pics between 1/80th and 1/200th from the E-P5 here (29 images = big post)

In my experience shutter shock affects the entire image and that does not seem to be the case here. I am not sure these show shutter shock.

jalywol wrote:

The Photo Ninja wrote:

I took the photos right into lightroom, no edits, 300 dpi, and max of 6MB size. No sharpening or noise reduction.

Maybe I'm just lucky there's no shutter shock. BTW, I owned an E-PL5 for a week or so, and didn't see it there either. I'm not saying it's not real, just that I've been lucky.

You can see it on these two. If you look at the steps behind the petunias, right in the middle of the photos, you can see the double image on the horizontal lines of the steps and of the railing.

On this one, you can see it on the nostril of the sculpture; again on the straight edges of the metal.

Also, were you using IBIS? These all were much less sharp than I would have expected them to be, overall. I gave up on IBIS in this shutter speed range, and I find my photos are considerably sharper with it off than with IBIS on (on the EPM2) at any speeds above about 1/60. So, I only use it if I am in very low light situations where the shutter speed is quite slow....and it does work fine then. Just not in 1/80- 1/200-ish range for me.

-J

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow