>>> Street Photography eXchange #65 <<<

Started Oct 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 16,603
Dear Al, about your gentlemen

When I referred to "The Gentlemen" from the episode called "Hush" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52270586

You wrote:

these is not in my cultural baggage...

What about a photo?

Since I included a photo, I'm not sure what you are asking. So I'll explain the connection.

Wikipedia is good here:

After reading critical response to the series in which the dialogue was praised as the most successful aspect of the show, Whedon set out to write an episode almost completely devoid of speech

In "Hush", a group of fairy tale ghouls named "The Gentlemen" come to town and steal everyone's voices, leaving them unable to scream when The Gentlemen cut out their hearts. Buffy and her friends must communicate with one another silently as they try to discover why no one can speak and find whoever is murdering the townspeople. They must also find ways to express their feelings about each other and keep some semblance of control as the town descends into chaos.

episodes in the fourth season address authority, order, and the estrangement from the self and others as Buffy and her friends take on new roles after high school.

This episode won many awards and has caused many sleepless nights.   Very prim and proper figures, dressed in the clothes of authority and very precise and proper in their movements, except that they float rather than walk, descend as aliens and cause horror in the town.   That's what your bikers make me think of.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow