How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Jeff Veteran Member • Posts: 5,706
The easiest way to be heard is to listen ...

redsf1 wrote:

Whilst i'm after a Pentax K30 or one of the K5's and will use it for multitude of subjects she wants a 600D for the only reason of its got 18MP. and the only reason she is going for a Canon is cos its what everyone uses. so how do i explain to her its not just MP? i currently have a basic Oly CSC with only 12mp but its more than good enough for looking at the pics on a screen or printing at a reasonable size. she wants it for portraits so is never going to massive posters. i just don't know how to explain it to her.

You're lucky to have a friend that shares your interest in photography. Learning to do portraits with a friend would be a blast. Life's short. Enjoy.

With regard to the MP question. The 600D is a perfectly sound choice for a starter system. In the long run, the only way to really understand is to learn this yourself through experience. So go out -- together -- and get that experience.

As a hint, based on 36+ years of marriage, listening is often more effective then talking. Show, don't tell.

Jeff's gear list:Jeff's gear list
Olympus 45mm F1.2 Pro Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow