How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Joe186
Joe186 Senior Member • Posts: 2,098
Re: Buy a used F31fd

Great Bustard wrote:

Joe186 wrote:

When I go to pro-camera restricted art or fashion review, sometimes the security will ask to take a look at my camera. I snickeringly show them the “6.3 megapixels” etched into the front handgrip. They always knowingly shake their heads in satisfaction and leave me alone for the rest of the evening.

When I show my prints to the artists, they always buy them for their hard portfolios. Often, I am asked, how I was able to use a pro grade camera at the show. <snicker> I just tell them, “I’m just that good, that’s all”. <snicker>

Then they'd be blown away by what an RX100 could do, or the prints are so small that the IQ advantage of the RX100 is overkill. Still, I wonder if they'd stop you at the door with a "professional" RX100, given that it has 20 MP, and all. I wonder if they screen for those 41 MP cell phones, too.

Eh, those 41 MP phones are semi-bogus. The lens and pixel density gets them. My prints are 8.5x11, to fit in standard binders, etc. Though, all the models want those big, long (please don’t say it) 9x12 prints now.

Because of that, I need to shoot at ISO 200/400 with the F31. There’s no noise at all, but I do need to keep very steady hands.

An acquaintance has an RX100 II. Believe or not, I still prefer the colors and tones of the F31.

What’s your opinion of that?

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow