How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Detail Man
Detail Man Forum Pro • Posts: 17,028
Re: How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

redsf1 wrote:

John1940 wrote:

redsf1 wrote:

JamesMortimer wrote:

Why redsf1 wrote:

Whilst i'm after a Pentax K30 or one of the K5's and will use it for multitude of subjects she wants a 600D for the only reason of its got 18MP. and the only reason she is going for a Canon is cos its what everyone uses. so how do i explain to her its not just MP? i currently have a basic Oly CSC with only 12mp but its more than good enough for looking at the pics on a screen or printing at a reasonable size. she wants it for portraits so is never going to massive posters. i just don't know how to explain it to her.

Why do you want to?

If she's happy with the 600D then let her be happy with it.

What's it to do with you?

Why do you want to? cos all she she's is pixels

What's it to do with you? when she asks me for advice i'm trying to help her. no harm in that is there ?

Yes, there is great harm to your relationship because you are trying to stuff a 12-MP Pentax down her throat, so to speak. You have no idea how many relationships something like that has ruined. OK, I'm just and old engineer (and do have a 600D) but I've watched the Dr. Phil program several times.

also as my girlfriend i thought id try and get her better advice from more knowledgeable people

If she offers to cook mushroom soup for you, let your cat taste it first. If you don't have a cat, borrow one. I am very knowledgeable about such things, but am currently down to one cat.

I DONT WANT HER TO GO WITH PENTAX OR M4/3. she wont touch my m4/3 cos the pic quality is rubbish with 12mp....apparently.

Aha, the underlaysingub- strata begins to appear. A "spatial frequency aware" lady, indeed ...

If she offered to cook id take a life insurance policy out purely for eating her food!

Tell her that you will buy her a Nikon D800 and a new resource-rich computer system to process the 36 Mpixel image-files without sputtering and choking - if she will only let you do all of the cooking ...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow