How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Timj351
Timj351 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,165
Re: How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

It's so funny how so many people on these forums can never seem to answer a  simple question. I agree with many here that the 600D is a fine camera and it's 18 mp doesn't hinder it's image quality, BUT, that's not what you asked is it? I would talk to your girlfriend about how she plans to use the images and if she plans on printing often. I would also show her many fine images by pros that were taken with far less mp's. Then I would discuss the many different features that various cameras and systems have weighing the pros and cons of each. Just let her know that, while the number of mp is not insignificant, there are many factors regarding image quality, ergonomics, and operation that may be more significant in actual use. As long as your girlfriend is open-minded and you are not defensive  then she should end up with a lot of good information to use to make a smart decision. As you said, she DID ask you your opinion. After that it's up to her. No matter what she chooses I'm sure she will get a great camera that she will enjoy. Good luck.

-Tim

Timj351's gear list:Timj351's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow