How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

Started Oct 4, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Onyx S21 Regular Member • Posts: 126
Re: How do i explain to someone its not about megapixels ?

RhysM wrote:

redsf1 wrote:

RhysM wrote:

How about letting her buy a 600D and not interfering, if she was buying a D800 with 36mp just to put photos on Facebook then fair enough, but a 600D is hardly excessive or extravagant.

Because she asked for my advice. i just don't want her to make any decisions till she has looked Nikon.Sony,Pentax or the m4/3's.

Then advise her it's a good camera with a mature system, many lenses, speedlights, etc,etc and if she can afford it and likes it, there's no reason not to buy it.

Sounds to me like you're either jealous of her having a better camera than you or over-projecting your personal opinion on to her rather than being impartial.

Erm No rhys im not jealous. when i looked at getting a Dslr i could of gone with any brand but i chose Pentax as i think they offer good all rounder but that's just me. the only other camera she has looked at is the 1100D and she said as reading the specs was 'that one had more mega pixels' and the guy in the electrical shop was yes far better pictures with that one.  im just trying to get her to open her eyes before spending £400 for that and around £100 on a prime lens. im trying to get her to go to a camera shop so she can have a look at more options not just the first thing she has seen.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow