Will you consider this image sharp?

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Questions thread
rpps Senior Member • Posts: 1,761
Re: What IPS monitor you are using? Thanks! (NT)

marshim wrote:

thank you again!

I see what you mean and as Leonard mentioned below it's about DOF.

strange that the boys are not both in focus with f6.7, which lens was it as the exif says 78mm?

i will try to take some more photos at 28mm and post them.

best!

Thankyou, after reading this post I have started experimenting again with my lenses, I have been comparing how the Nikon 28-105mm and the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 cope when shooting say people which aren't in a completely parallel line, like the two little boys photos in last post.

I have just found two RAW files taken a few months back with the same aspect as I posted with the photo in my last post of the two boys. With the Tamron both the person who I focussed on and the other person sitting a little back from the focus area are both nice and sharp.

I'm fed up trying to fathom all these things out such which is the better lens and which is the sharpest, for now I will stick with the Tamron 24-70mm. It is a sharp lens and as long as I'm aware of what shooting situations to be careful of, like shooting slightly on an angle to the subject I will be satisfied with this lens.

One thing which is a bit of a pain with the big Tamron lens is that if using flash at say 24mm just be aware it casts a big shadow right in front of the photo, as you will see.

To answer your question the two little boys was taken with my Nikon 28-105.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon D750 Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow