From time to time, someone here asks about how the 55-300VR compares to other lenses. I thought I'd post a few pics I took at a local lagoon the other day. It was in the middle of the day so the light was nothing special but this may give you an idea of what this lens can do with limited pp. These are jpegs, btw.
While I'm not sure the 55-300 is quite as sharp as my 70-300 (damaged and in need of repair), it's reasonably sharp, light and inexpensive.
I never know what I'm going to find at the lagoon. Sometimes it's turtles or birds, other times, not much of anything in the way of wildlife. This time it was little critters.
I shot the other day at a local lagoon.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%