Why is photography now considered a terrorist act?

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
wasserball Veteran Member • Posts: 3,984
Re: Why is photography now considered a terrorist act?

I know what you are saying. I was taking photos of all the signs of rules in the park that I thought were excessive, so to make a story. Curiously, a maintenance type person drove up in his utility truck and asked why I was taking photos. Initially, I didn't feel like I need to have an explanation since it was a public park and I was not breaking any laws. But, I didn't want to challenge his questioning at that time so I said, I'm a photographer.

I think the reason people are uneasy about people taking pictures is because everyone has a camera now, smartphone, spy cameras, all trying to make headlines by taking pictures of situation that was considered private. Yes, if someone is taking picture of me in public, I do try to turn away to avoid being in any potential unwanted situations.

BTW, I'm sport photographer. I love taking those candid shots of players in the dugouts or along the sidelines, band members, dancers, cheer leaders as well using my 400mm f2.8 lens. When they are presented in my facebook pages, they love and talk about them.

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow