Why is photography now considered a terrorist act?

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
DuaneV
DuaneV Senior Member • Posts: 1,350
Re: Why is photography now considered a terrorist act?

I find just the opposite to be true. I was in Boston in August (not too long after the marathon bombings) and walking around with a D800, battery grip, 35mm, 50mm and 105mm, camera bag and monopod and I got just the opposite reaction. Every time I was taking a photo, most people would stop walking, watch me, make sure they didn't get in the shot, etc. It was a pleasant surprise actually. Where I am in northern Maine you don't see too many people toting the gear I am, and whenever Im on a location shoot I attract a crowd of people watching, asking questions, asking for business cards, etc. Ive NEVER had anyone in Maine tell me I couldn't shoot something/somewhere. EVER.

Sounds like you were intimidated and just took off. I would have introduced myself, gave them a card, informed them I was within the law, etc. If they STILL had a problem after that, they would have just been being an a-hole and I still would have stuck around and shot.

Don't be so uptight and take it person if it happens again. Take the opportunity introduce yourself, educate the person and strike up a conversation.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow