To Argyll + ColorMunki users: check the v1.6.1 update
I'm here because some days ago I found a bug in the chartread tool of the v1.5.0 - v.1.6.0 Argyll releases, resulting in poor accuracy/reliability of blacks (and some colored) patches and causing some possible color cast in the related icc profile.
You can find all the details in my LuLa threads here:
after some intense work and test, I'm happy to tell you that this bug was then successfully fixed by Graeme Gill in the latest v1.6.1 Argyll released yesterday.
I want to inform you that, due to this issue, maybe you could reconsider to rebuild your print profiles made with v1.5.0 to v1.6.0 using the v1.6.1 release, if you was using the ColorMunki spectro in strip mode.
The practical effect I noticed in my case was a black point shifted to purple, so a color cast in the deep shadows grays.
Whether or not this occurred in your profiles is to be seen,
and the need to remake the profiles is based on how much 'picky' you are regarding this aspect that could be not so easy to spot in real prints without a measurement device.
I hope this could be useful.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Oct 1, 2013||1|
|Oct 1, 2013|
|scrum break away by al booth|
from Sport competition
|Parking Deck by Olaf R|
from Your City - Parking Garage
|Communication Tech by alberto_b|
|With & without by OBellini|
from Empty - Full