PS or PSE11 - 8 bit colour

Started Sep 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dr Bob
OP Dr Bob Senior Member • Posts: 1,319
Re: PS or PSE11 - 8 bit colour

Mike,

thanks for the informative reply. Here is a typical image that I need to edit

It's fairly simple to remove the barbed wire in the bottom left, but the real question is whether the edit by PSE in 8 bit colour means that the overall colour is degraded? I think your response means that you cant see the difference for a one off edit like this. I have done the edit and cannot see any degradation in overall colour either. The image is a crop of the centre of the full image - probably 2,000*1600 'ish', PP'd in LR4 - wb, contrast, exposure, shadows, levels, colour, imput sharpening and a little noise reduction and then exported with resizing and export sharpening to 1200*800 for the web. When I did the edit to remove the wire, I did this after the PP'ing but immediately before export and resize.

If you can't see a difference for a one-off edit like this then maybe PSE11 will be fine. Going down to 8bit colour depth sounds quite dramatic but I dont really understand what the effect of 8 bit colour depth is.

Most of the images that need editting will be similar to this although once I get back to some landscapes then I will need the odd edit on a full sized image rather than the cropped bird ones (I am cropping the bird images as I am only using a 400mm lens so using the crop to get better reach).

-- hide signature --

Andy

Dr Bob's gear list:Dr Bob's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow