Was thinking of buying Nikon, but not so fast......

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,187
Nikon experience, APS vs FF

archrich wrote:

Dave,

I was a long time Oly user, but left for Nikon although I kept my E-1and 11-22mm. About all I photograph is wildlife and I wanted something with better low light performance than what my E-5 gave me.

I shoot a D600 (it doesn't spatter its sensor with oil) and a D7100. I much prefer the FF sensor; both the DR and high ISO capabilities are much better. I bought the D7100 for "reach", but I'll be replacing it with another FF sensor body when I can afford it.

Archie

Thanks for the insight Archie,

It's worth noting that with the D600 and D7100 you prefer the FF over APS. If I had a lot of long telephoto lenses I might keep the E-5 for reach.

I really like my versatile 11-22 mm lens. I may keep the E-330, 8 mm FE, 11-22 and 50 mm f/2 macro for underwater photography. I just can't afford to replace the housing and lenses for a new camera.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gbt
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow