Was thinking of buying Nikon, but not so fast......

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Thornburg Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: Was thinking of buying Nikon, but not so fast......

I have my feet in both ponds; E-500, E-3, and late last year decided to try a high-pixel-cout sensor, bought a D3200. Plenty of comments elsewhere this thread concerning performance so I won''t go there. But do want to comment about the menu. Although I agree with your comments re Oly menu & controls, and at first, I was disappointed with this on the D3200, I quickly began to appreciate that pushing the 'menu' button brings you to the last place item you changed, in fact the 'recently changed items' portion has the last dozen or so controls adjusted, most recent first. Once I got used to this, I found it very quick and easy to make changes, since mostly I change the same things repeatedly (spot meteing vs matrix, etc.). Both the Oly method and this entry-level Nikon have their strong points in terms of camera control.
The E-500 with Kodak sensor and Oly jpeg engine made for oh-so-many 'beautiful' photos, and I still haul it out now and then. Love it with the 14-54. And I love the clarity/resolution of photos from the D3200.

-- hide signature --

David Thornburg
Pleasanton, NM, USA

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gbt
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow