Auto iso

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Questions thread
OP Don Forum Member • Posts: 80
Re: Auto iso

Ok, I do understand all of the above, however I have been just experimenting with auto iso and shooting manual. I like to control everything my camera is doing, I have discovered that setting iso to auto,  100-6400. I can set the shutter and aperture in a way I want the scene recorded. This seem to work with the flash as well , altho the iso automatically starts at 400. So if TTL cannot get the correct exposure the the iso increases to allow the sensor to be more sensitive (increases the iso).

My original question was, has anyone tried this. My D800E set on auto iso will always use the lowest iso possible to get the exposure right with my set shutter and f stop. this frees me to be more creative with the  settings. Auto iso goes where it needs to for the shot. When at a horse show for example I shoot between 5.6 and 8 with a fast shutter at 640-1000 to stop the action. Auto iso will do it's thing to get that exposure correct.I don't miss many this way.

Sooo why not try this at a wedding or indoors anything with lousy lighting with and without a flash and a modifier on the flash. It just seems to work but someone may have have tried this and have something to say that I have not thought thru.

Thanks everyone.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Don
Don
Don
Don
Don
(unknown member)
Don
Don
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow