Customers prefer Fuji x-trans cameras?

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ed B
Ed B Veteran Member • Posts: 9,024
Re: Customers prefer Fuji x-trans cameras?

vrot01 wrote:

Ed B wrote:

Buttons252 wrote:

I went with the X-trans because it was different and all the reviews are very positive. It wasnt until after it shipped that i learned people are unhappy with the green smearing and such.

Still in my opinion, the X-trans sensor is a big draw -- its something that makes this camera different. Otherwise why not get an NEX, they are certainly a lot cheaper

I'm going to sound very stupid here but I've never had a problem with the X-Trans sensor and the green smearing that so many people talk about.

Maybe it's because I don't do many landscape type shots and to be honest I usually shoot JPEG instead of raw with this particular camera.

Here's a snapshot I took yesterday that has quite a bit of green in it. Nothing special about the picture but the color of the grass and hedges look OK to me.

Maybe I'm missing something.

click to make the picture bigger.

Edit: by the way, the shutter speed was 125. Where did the EXIF data come up with 1250?

Ed... Me too... Never see it with my x-pro1... And when it turns up on the forum, the leaves/greens are generally out of focus...

That's basically what I see.

I suppose there may still be problems with raw converters but the in-camera processing of JPEGs seems to get everything right.

I use to shoot 70/80% in raw, with other cameras, but don't use it much with the X-E1.

I suppose that puts me in the rank amateur or "stupid" category but I see very little reason to use raw with the Fuji.

If I were selling my pictures I might be more cautious, and use raw, but let's face it; my best efforts are only snapshots and no one in their right mind would pay for them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow