>>> Street Photography eXchange #62 <<<

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871
Re: hat

Ed Gaillard wrote:

Well, that is some hat.

I think it might be worth bringing down the exposure on the street (especially the part right behind the hat) and the car. I think I would crop out the Chase sign at the right, since it seems distracting and cropping would also move the subject off dead-center. I'd be happy to learn your thinking for leaving the sign in.

i could do more to drop the brightness in the street. (i messed up the original exposure.)

the chase sign doesn't really bother me. i prefer not to have writing in most pictures, but 'chase' isn't the worst word to have floating in this one. i didn't crop because in this case, the entire point of the photo is the hat, and i like the balance of poles on either side of the figure (the shadow in the street to the left of the tree, which echoes the short parking sign and repeats the high-left low-right motif also seen in the car wheels, is a big part of my appreciation of this picture). i also generally prefer the original aspect ratio, and cropping on the right would require me to lose the not-red border at the top, which i placed rather carefully in the original frame.

thanks for your comments--

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow