>>> Street Photography eXchange #62 <<<

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871
for blakninja

thanks for joining in on the thread. nice expression on the boy in that photo.

as frank linked to above, in most countries it is perfectly legal to (openly) take photos of people in public spaces. i am not aware of any peculiarities in canada which would infringe that. legality, i find, is rarely the most important consideration to doing street photography, however. everyone has to work out a method they are comfortable with, and in my experience (for non-news photos) it is rarely worthwhile to insist on a legal right to make a photograph if doing so makes your subject (or their parents) unhappy. (usually, i find, i can make all the photos i want without anyone becoming unhappy.)

you might not be aware of how best to organize your posts in a thread like this. it helps if you work in 'threaded' view, and start with the very first post at the top of this thread, then click 'reply' to that. that way, your photo will show up in its own spot, and people will have an easier time finding and commenting on it.

welcome to the thread--hope you post again soon.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow