I am looking for upgrade suggestions from an E-500

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnnabelleL
AnnabelleL New Member • Posts: 8
I am looking for upgrade suggestions from an E-500

I have had my E-500 since January 2007 and enjoyed it through 2 kids and 7 years of soccer and rugby for  67,752 pictures (as of yesterday)!  It has been a good and faithful friend.  I have the kit lens that I got with the E-500 (14-45 F3.5-5.6 and 40-150 F3.5-4.5) and added the ED70-300 F4.0-5.6 zoom.

All of the above work fine at the moment, but I am looking for faster focus and more megapixels (my phone has more than my DSLR!).

I recently purchased a E-PL1 so that I could play with my 4 inherited Leica M5 lens  and a  M.Zuiko 40-150 4.5-5.6 lens so I could play with the E-PL1 and explore the product.

I use my camera for landscape, sports (rugby), and basic general use.  I am not a professional by any means, but I love taking pictures and want them to be as good as possible.

I am looking for suggestions for my upgrade.

I will keep the PL1 for my Leica lens, but I do not want to use it for my main camera. Why?  Because by the time I buy an electronic viewfinder and lens adapters to use my 4/3 lens I will have spend a pretty good sum.  I also do not like the feel of the camera for sports - too small and no grip!

I do not need a bunch of "bells and whistles", just fast shooting, EVF,  and a quality camera,

I am looking at the E-620 and E-5 (I don't mind buying used and a little older) to use my 4/3 lens.  Or should I be looking at the OM-D E M5 or the new OM-D coming out?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow