OM-D EM1 All the Bells & Whistles, but no meat?

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
vadimraskin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596
Re: Not very realistic criticism...

Wanting the new "toy" is fine. We love our toys. But it appears you're aware that the new Olympus toy is NOT a Nikon D3s, Canon 5D Mark III or Canon 1Dx and never will be.

Of course I am aware of the position of EM-1 in the "food chain" of the top level photo equipment. It isn't either of those things and I don't want it to be. If I needed one of them, I would have bought it already. I love my current gear, esp. my glass and I won't trade it for any other brand. If EM-1 could bring me usefull images from ISO 1000 to 6400, so I don't have to use flash ALL the time, I would be very happy and content for a few years.

(That is not to say that I WON"T use flash ever again). Properly mastered, flash is a wonderful thing to have but sometimes I want that "natural light" look that is hard to reproduce with a flash, that's all.

Now, al;l I have to do is to convince the "boss" and EM-1 is all mine! So far she wasn't impressed by my arguments but "small steps go long way" ...

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eaa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow