>>> Street Photography eXchange #62 <<<

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871
Re: Dubai street shots

these comprise a pretty fair start. people sleeping in public are a bit of a street cliche, though, and as with any cliche it is hard to make much of an impression unless it is clear that there's something new or extraordinary about what you are bringing to it. the first one doesn't suggest much in that respect, but the second one suggests potential in the figures in the bg. one fellow napping on a bench isn't much (though i like the plastic water bottle pillow--a rare detail, and i can attest that it is surprisingly comfortable), but a whole field of people kind of is. to make them a part of the composition, i would have liked to see this shot from slightly higher up--just enough to provide a strip of open bg between the top of the bench and the reclining figures.

the third one as you know doesn't really fit the set, but that's okay--it does seem to suggest an attendance to patterns and an odd play of perspective. in this case, i think the bicycle gets in the way of appreciating the potential interest of the slanted vs upright lines. imagine if you can how you might have tilted the camera to create the illusion that banisters were vertical (in the picture frame), while the window frames were slanted.  with the proper twist, you could have combined that with the boat in the bg still appearing properly 'level'. something to think about if you are inclined to play with found patterns.

last--in the future, please post your photos in direct reply to the first post of this thread. if you view the thread in 'threaded' mode, you will see why--posted this way, they get lost in replies to another person's pictures. no big deal, but viewers are more likely to find your pictures if you keep them organized.

looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow