iPhone 5s is in the DPReview studio database! & a quick comparison to the 1020

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Menneisyys Senior Member • Posts: 1,458
Re: iPhone 5s is in the DPReview studio database! & a quick comparison to the 1020

bigley Ling wrote:

Think the iPhone 5s does relatively well and is an improvement over the 5. The slightly soft corners can be forgiven, as it is only slightly soft, and I suspect one may not even see it s real life images too much. The 1020's soft corners are more substantial and can be seen in day to day image captures.

Yup, as I've also mentioned above, the 5s indeed produces better images than the 5. Too bad it's just insufficient to beat the GS4, let alone the 808 / 1020.

Also wishing that the new DP review would port over more phones like the 808 to it's new studio scene comparison, and better yet have the pureview mode available for the 1020, as I suspect the corner performance will appear to be better at a lower resolution.

The 1020 review did have the 5Mp shots - see page 9 at http://connect.dpreview.com/post/5234892048/nokia-lumia-1020-camera-review?page=9 . The corners are equally bad in the downsampled version. This is why I'm telling people to shoot in either 4:3 and crop the left/rightmost 2*7% of the frame or in 16:9 and crop to 3:2 (or, at least, the outermost 2*10%).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow