Innova fibaprint white semi matte/white matte with Canon Pro 100 profile

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Phil Hill Senior Member • Posts: 2,757
Re: Innova fibaprint white semi matte/white matte with Canon Pro 100 profile

Hugowolf wrote:

Gesture wrote:

My understanding is that the baryta papers were developed to solve some of the issues of pigment ink on glossy stock.

Baryta papers have been around since the 19th Century. Kodak was inporting baryta papers from Europe as early as the 1880s.

Brian A

I’m sure that Gesture was referring to the microporus-coated inkjet Baryta papers.

In my opinion, one reason for the popularity of matte paper today is that it was difficult, until recent years, to make a really good gloss or semi-gloss print using inkjet pigment inks. Newer inks and papers have made this pretty much a non-issue, but the popularity of matte paper has persisted.

What I recall from about 12-15 years ago is that a dye printer, which is what I was using at the time, was required for nice glossy prints. Of course there were major longevity issues to be overcome. I thought I was doing the right thing by using Epson’s Colorlife paper, but that didn’t exactly work out.

On the other hand, my R3000 (pigment) printer works very well with those two Canson papers, and also with San Gabriel and Exhibition Fiber.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow