iPhone 5S photo quality improvements over iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S
According to the DPReview studio shots at http://www.dpreview.com/articles/2170241431/iphone-5s-studio-comparison?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0 ,
- the 5s delivers less noisy and, in low light, less oversharpened images than the iPhone 5
- it, however, has somewhat worse corner sharpness than the previous model (as was easy to predict, given that the lens is brighter and the sensor larger, while the lens is of the same size. 808 vs. 1020 effect, albeit not as pronounced.)
- the 1020 delivers considerably better images, both noise- and resolution-wise, than any of the iPhones, if you shoot full-size and downsample on the desktop. Before it's fixed, avoid using the output in-camera downsampler for serious shooting!
- however, the 1020 has definitely worse corner & left/right border sharpness than even the iPhone 5s, let alone the, in this regard, better-than-5s iPhone 5. Shoot in 16:9 and crop afterwards to compltely get rid of the problem.
- the 5s applies less oersharpening as it doesn't need to do as much NR as with the iPhone 5. This is why for example the text rendering (see my just-posted article addition at http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52204330 ) is decidedly better on the 5s than on the 5.
Nevertheless, it's still a long cry away from the 1020, apart from the blurred 6.6% part of the frame next to the left/right borders.
Also see my thread HERE.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Sep 20, 2013|
|Sep 21, 2013|
|Sep 23, 2013|
|Sep 24, 2013|
|Street Food 2017 by ziggyzag|
from Your City - Fast Food
|Running free by LassiM|
|Treacherous Land- "Dune " by Frank Herbert by Domenick Creaco|
from Sci-Fi or Fantasy Film Titles
|1969 Oldsmobile 442 Resto-Mod by J Warren|
from O is for...