Sunspots: FZ38 vs NASA

Started Sep 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ianperegian
Ianperegian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,597
Sunspots: FZ38 vs NASA

I recently posted (here ) a shot of the sun taken using the Baader solar film with my ZS30 plus Nikon E17ED TC.

I tried some further tests with the Baader film using my FZ38 plus stacked Nikon TCs. Since a yellow-green filter (Wratten No 11) is sometimes used with telescopes to improve contrast, I tried that filter in my setup.

I found that the filter did seem to improve the definition of the sunspots. This is a shot using the filter:

Daily sunspot images are provided on the NASA site here . This is the daily sunspot image for 19 Sep from the site:

When viewed at full size, my image seems to show all of the sunspots on the NASA image except for the one labelled 1847.

Ian

-- hide signature --
 Ianperegian's gear list:Ianperegian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Olympus PEN-F
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow