>>> Street Photography eXchange #62 <<<

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 16,363
Thanks, j

j y g wrote:

Nice title, it really compliments the photo. There's a story in there, and then you add this twist to it by making a pun on the components of the shot.

I'm guessing this was difficult to compose just right? The red painted board covering the scaffolding is so much more vibrant than anything else in the photo. I keep wanting her hat and jeans to stand out and draw me in, but that almost neon red steals the show and my attention. I covered it up on screen with something black, and it somewhat achieves the shift in focus. I try to avoid needing to crop, but if I'm right about the composition difficulty, I might've cropped and then given a little more saturation to her clothing.

... Either that, or there's something about composition I do not understand. Just going with what my untrained eye tells me. Dont' get me wrong, over all, I love it -- something I'd hang on my wall.

The composition is difficult.   I can't shift her all the way to the left, especially since she is facing in a leftward direction.   I did raise the saturation on her jeans.  I've since tried a few solutions, none of which work.

Except for this one:

It's OK.  But I miss the colors.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow