Correct usage of newly calibrated monitor profile
I have purchased Dell3014 and X-Rite i1 Pro and calibrated the monitor using Dell calibration solution.
It produced a new color profile based on AdobeRGB.
The resulting profile was saved in 2 places:
1) In a file available for OS and software
2) In the INTERNAL monitor's profiles set, and I made this profile to be used as a defult, via monitor's menu.
The question is next - if unput images come in AdobeRGB, should I select that new AdobeRGB-based profile, OR I sould select STANDARD AdobeRGB profile in:
1) Windows OS settings for the monitor
2) Software tools for images processing
I'm asking because I suspect that new profile, residing in the monitor, already applies color tranformations.
So selecting the same profile in all image processing tools and OS, in addition to monitor,
may result in several turns of transformations intead of one transformation.
Thank you in advance,
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Sep 17, 2013|
|Sep 18, 2013||1|
|Sep 18, 2013|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|White Pocket Frozen Pond by evanrassbcglobalnet|
from Rock Pools
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors