E-5 in Antarctica

Started Sep 14, 2013 | Photos thread
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 8,523
Re: E-5 in Antarctica

erichK wrote:

When you can cover 3,000 plus riders crossing a finish line at 15 to 30 mph over a four hour period with an E5, then I'll consider it; otherwise I'll stick to my D3S and 70-200/2.8 VR2. Batteries alone will kill me on a E-5 with 10,000 plus shots. I did this with one extra battery on the D3S.

Happily, I usually find more interesting things to shoot, but each to his or her own. D3s is a nice camera that handles beautifully with just a prime. But every time my friend puts a tele zoom or his 300 on his, I quickly change my mind about ever buying, or lugging one. Would also prefer to stay married!

I find it quite interesting knowing each rider raised money for cancer research, and I managed to get over 2,000 out of the 3,000 plus riders. My client, American Cancer Society, is quite happy with my work. As far as using a prime on the D3S, next year I'm bringing my 200 mm/2.0 out to cover the finish line.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6400 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow