Wifi tethering using CHDK?

Started Sep 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProfHankD
ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 8,095
Wifi tethering using CHDK?

I'm a long time user/developer of CHDK and am currently teaching a "Cameras as Computer Systems" course where I'm having students do some programming inside a CHDK A4000.  However, I really want to do some things involving wifi tethering of a CHDK camera....

I've been using CHDK with an EyeFi card to send images to a computer ("infinite memory" with a CHDK script taking photos), and I realize some PowerShots now have wifi support that can essentially do the same thing, but I'm interested in having something like the ability for a computer to drop commands into a file via wifi and have CHDK recognize & process the commands.

This certainly should be doable using a hacked transcend wifi SD card, but they cost $75.  I'm really hoping I can do this using, for example, the wifi built-into a $130 ELPH 320 HS.  Anybody know a way to do this?

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Olympus TG-860 Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a6500 +30 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow