Taking inventory after a long, long wait

Started Sep 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP KL Matt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,885
Re: Taking inventory after a long, long wait

Heh that's really something to consider, Russelll. Although I'm still at f/2 (DOF equivalent at least, but please let's not get into that argument here), not f/1.4 where I really would like to be. And I think those focal reducers would likely exaggerate the FA* 24's major weakness, edge resolution wide open. It's really bizarre, at f/2, you get like this tiny little circle of about 20% of the frame in the middle that's tack sharp. From there it drops off dramatically, until you've got almost no resolution left by the time you hit the corners.

Matt

Russell Evans wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

To get that same look, I need FF and a 24 1.4.

Why not a Nex-6, a focal reducer, and using your FA 24mm f2. That's a pretty small, light, solution. Somewhere in the 1kg / 2.5 pound range.

Thank you
Russell

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow