Oh no ! Not another Iridient Developper test !

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Beat Traveller Contributing Member • Posts: 744
Re: Oh no ! Not another Iridient Developper test !

skygkar wrote:

Well, I was curious about that, as I did not tried ID to make picture adjustments.

On my 2012 MacBook Air, processing a X100s RAF file :

- first preview calculation : 7 sec.

- I then tried all types of modifications : exposure / shadow / highlight / temperature / curves / contrast / brightness / saturation / sharpen / etc ... : I'm lucky that this is all happening in near real time on my computer. A slight delay sometimes, I would say between 1/4th and 1/2nd of a second, on what I think is more CPU consuming like sharpening.

The ID "send to batch" option enables you to develop the files while skipping the editing windows all together, shaving those 7 sec in the process. So sending the files from LR to ID and back to LR is indeed a matter of a few seconds in my case.

Laurent

It's probably down to a difference in our machines, but the reality is that I have to work with whatever is best optimized for me, or get a new computer.

Which is tempting, having seen how sleek those new MacBook Airs are. Better stop posting before my other half catches me talking about getting another gadget.

Beat Traveller's gear list:Beat Traveller's gear list
Nikon D60 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow