Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II (H-H020A) - Banding

Started Aug 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 13,255
Re: Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 II (H-H020A) - Banding

hopeless photographer wrote:

s_grins wrote:

Yes, I have very similar to yours background, that is why I'm ignorant. My ignorance comes from critical thinking.

?

Ignoring was probably the wrong word. Rejecting seems to be a more applicable word.

Anyway, either way the experimental evidence presented seems fairly demonstrative that there is something up with the 20mm 1.7 and the sony-sensor-equipped bodies in combination. Where's the problem with the evidence?

Apologies if I've missed your argument in the noise of the thread.

Cheers.

I appreciate your post.

The reason I rejects all this multiple references and links is simple - all them actually lead to one or two absolutely unreliable and stupid sources.

As a sample of human stupidity and neglection of proper an qualified research, I want remind the "discovery" of the coil that induced EMF and interfere with sensor.

I do think that the problem is the sensor, any sensor that has a limits when pushing envelop of super PP. And this special SONY sensor is more prone to banding than others because this banding was reported long before E-M5. Namely it was Pentax K5 with the same sensor design.

After all, been a designer and engineer for several decades, I can't imagine the level of stupidity of the company that produce lenses with high level electronic inside. Lens must have very basic and minimalistic level of communications and electronics, the rest has to be inside the camera which has more room and accommodations to do the job.

Also I suggest that folks use this lens more than others in situations that require pushing envelop during PP.

As you can see, my logic and reasonong is no worst than those with PhD ( I have MD only)

Sincerely

S.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
tsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow