I want medium format!

Started Aug 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,039
Re: No you don't

HumanTarget wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

And really really dreaming, the Hasselblad 60 Mp would be interesting to look at. That's a lot of pixels.

Yes, that's a lot of pixels, but you need to remember that they're not very good pixels by today's standards. A D800 has 36MP, which isn't too shabby at all, and its low read noise gives it better DR and low light performance. That's medium format's problem in the digital age; the smaller formats have more demand and thus more money for research and development, and medium format has not been able to keep up. Its size itself has helped it survive thus far, but its benefits become fewer and fewer with each new DSLR.

The Nokia Lumia 1020 cell phone has a 41MP camera. A full frame DSLR with the same pixel pitch would have over 400MP. That's the camera I want. But I'd need to upgrade my computer for processing.

I think the Hasselblad has about 12 stops of DR. I'm not sure if that's the same or less than the D800.

But medium format digitial is several steps behind with nothing to drive development - it seems like a capped market with no growth.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow